Raise your hand if you like Alfredo pasta!
Did you know you can make your own Alfredo using butternut squash? This may seem a little strange, but trust me – it’s delicious!
We’ll need whole-wheat noodles, butternut squash, broccoli, milk, parmesan cheese, olive oil, flour, garlic, and nutmeg. Next, follow the step-by-step instructions below!
- Step 1 – Slice the butternut squash in half, lengthwise.
- Step 2 – Scoop the seeds out of the butternut squash.
- Step 3 – Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outer skin from the squash.
- Step 4 – Dice the butternut squash into cubes.
- Step 5 – Cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Step 6 – Toss the diced butternut squash and broccoli florets with olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Step 7 – Roast squash and broccoli in the oven at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Step 8 – Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Step 9 – Drain pasta.
- Step 10 – In a saucepan, combine remaining olive oil and garlic over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Step 11 – Once smooth, add milk and bring to a boil.
- Step 12 – Add nutmeg and Parmesan cheese and stir until smooth.
- Step 13 – In a blender, add milk mixture and cooked butternut squash.
- Step 14 – Blend until smooth.
- Step 15 – Combine sauce, noodles, and broccoli in the saucepan.
- Step 16 – Mix all ingredients until sauce has coated the noodles and broccoli. Now it’s ready to eat!