How many of you have noticed it getting colder this month? How would you describe the weather? Crisp? Brisk? Nippy? Chilly?
Well, whatever you decide, a nice warm bowl of our 3 Bean Monster Chili is just what you need as the temperatures continue to drop this October!
Not only does chili help warm your body, it also provides you with a hearty dose of vegetables and protein. Which ingredients do you see for each of these food groups?
Chili is easy to make! It only takes a couple of quick steps.
- Step 1 – Chop the onion, celery, and green pepper into bite-sized chunks.
- Step 2 – Brown the ground turkey in a large pot.
- Step 3 – Rinse the turkey with cold water.
- Step 4 – Drain and rinse the beans and corn.
- Step 5 – Cook onion, celery, green pepper, turkey, and spices.
- Step 6 – Mix all ingredients together until spices cover are well mixed-in.
- Step 7 – Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
Now your chili is ready to eat! Top with plain Greek yogurt, low-fat sour cream, or cheese. Try making some whole-wheat breadsticks to complete your delicious dinner!