It’s National Dessert Day, and that is cause for celebration!
Desserts come in many shapes, sizes, and flavors. They are typically a special addition eaten at the end of a meal. We like to celebrate birthdays, holidays, and other important events with sweet treats. While it wouldn’t be healthy to have dessert for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner, it’s perfectly ok to have them every once in awhile. Let’s learn how we can satisfy our sweet tooth in the healthiest ways possible!
- Tip #1 – Enjoy your dessert, don’t feel bad about eating it
- Tip #2 – Choose desserts you love, and leave the ones you like
- Tip #3 – Make every bite count – eat slowly and enjoy the moment
- Tip #4 – Choose smaller portions or share with your friend
- Tip #5 – Try making healthier versions of your favorite desserts
Now, time to make a dessert yourself! Make one of your own, or try one of our delicious recipes!
If you’re in the mood for a baked dessert…..
A frozen or cold dessert….
Or a quick no-bake dessert….