Nothing screams FALL quite like some pumpkin flavored goodies! Using pumpkin puree is tasty and healthy. When you use the puree, you can use less oil or butter in your recipe. The best part is that you won’t notice one bit!
Today we’re going to make some soft and chewy Pumpkin Granola Bars. These are filled with hearty, whole-grain oats that will keep you full and give you energy for your daily activities!
To make the granola bars, you’ll need a few simple ingredients: oats, pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, salt, oil, brown sugar, and chocolate chips.
- Step 1: Place all ingredients (except for the oats) into a large mixing bowl.
- Step 2: Mix ingredients together.
- Step 3: Add oats to mixture.
- Step 4: Stir oats into the mixture until all the oats are well-coated.
- Step 5: Add in chocolate chips.
- Step 6: In a greased 9×13″ pan, evenly spread out granola mixture. Place in a preheated oven (350 degrees F) for 20 minutes, or until the bars are firm and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Let the bars cool, and cut into squares. These store well in the fridge or freezer!