Having a good breakfast is the best way to fuel your fun for the 4th of July! These slices of Patriotic Toast provide you with whole-grains, protein, and fruit. Let’s get started!
Start with a few basic ingredients – bread, peanut butter, blueberries, bananas, and strawberries.
Slice the strawberries into small strips. Follow the steps above for easy slicing!
- Step 1: Wash the berries.
- Step 2: Slice the tops off the berries.
- Step 3: Slice the strawberries in half.
- Step 4: Lay the strawberry halves face down. Thinly slice the strawberries into small strips.
Slice the bananas in the same way you sliced the strawberries.
- Step 1: Start with 1/2 banana.
- Step 2: Slice in half.
- Step 3: Lay each half face down and thinly slice the bananas into small strips.
Now you’re ready to build your very own patriotic toast!
Spread 1 tbsp. of peanut butter on toasted whole-wheat bread.
Top your peanut butter toast with fruit in the shape of a flag. Start with the blueberries, creating a small square in the top left-hand corner. Next add red and white stripes by alternating strawberry and banana slices. Enjoy!