It’s July and that means we get to celebrate AMERICA! Many families have traditions for the 4th of July. Some people run races, play games outside with their families, have barbecues, or watch fireworks! What are your favorite traditions?
These watermelon skewers are a perfect way to honor America at your family party! You’ll love the refreshing taste of the watermelon and blueberries after playing in the sun.
Here’s what you need: watermelon, blueberries, and some skewers.
- Step 1: Cut the watermelon in half.
- Step 2: Take one watermelon half and place it face down on your cutting board. Cut it in half again.
- Step 3: Slice one of the watermelon halves into large sheets.
- Step 4: With a knife, trace the shape of a star.
- Step 5: Pull the star out of the watermelon.
Next, decorate your skewer with blueberries and star-shaped watermelon! We thought it was fun to do a line of blueberries topped with one watermelon star. What pattern will you choose?