One of my favorite ways to eat raw vegetables is dunked in a flavorful dip! Making your own dip is easy and fun….let’s get started!
First, gather your ingredients. You’ll need garlic, dill, salt, lemon juice, and plain non-fat Greek yogurt. Using non-fat yogurt instead of mayonnaise makes this dip a healthier choice than what you’ll find at the store.
Dump all the ingredients in a bowl or liquid measuring cup.
Stir to combine, and you’re practically finished! The only thing left to do is to slice the cucumber.
Feel free to cut your cucumber however you like, but here are some step-by-step instructions for slicing cucumber spears.
- Step 1: Using a vegetable peeler, peel stripes on your cucumber.
- Step 2: Cut both ends off your cucumber.
- Step 3: Slice the cucumber in half both ways – first the long way, and then the short way.
- Step 4: Slice each cucumber section in half and….
- Step 5: Slice each cucumber section in half again! You should have 16 spears total.
Dunk spears into your prepared dip. Try dipping other vegetables too – like carrots, radishes, or celery!