What is Every Kid Healthy Week? It is a national celebration that highlights the importance of nutrition, physical activity, and learning.
What can you do to celebrate Every Kid Healthy Week? Here are some ideas:
- Make a goal to fill half your dinner plate with fruits and veggies!🍎🥦
- Try a recipe from the Kids Create blog that you haven’t made yet.
- Choose whole grains! (whole wheat bread, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, etc) 🍞🥯
- Get about 3 cups of dairy each day. 🧀🥛
- Include a protein food with each meal. 🍗🍳🥜
- Be physically active for 60 minutes each day. 🏃🏽♀️🏃🏼♂️
- Try a new sport or exercise that sounds fun. ⚽️🧗🏽♂️🏓
- Check out the Jump Zone tab on the Kids Create blog.
- Celebrate Every Kid Healthy Week with a dance party!💃🏻🕺🏾
- Choose a physical activity to do with family or friends.