A lot of cooking goes on during the holiday season. Make sure that you are washing your hands when you help cook!
We’re talking about hand washing on day 3 because there are three components to a proper hand wash!
- Warm water
- Clean, dry towel
There are also 3 steps to hand-washing:
- Get your hands wet with warm, clean water
- Apply soap to your hands and rub hands together – make sure you get the soap all over your hands. Do this for 20 seconds.
- Rinse and dry hands with a clean towel.
You should wash your hands:
- Before cooking and eating
- After using the restroom
- After blowing your nose, sneezing, or coughing
- After doing any type of cleaning
- After touching pets/animals
- Before and after being around sick people
- After playing outside
Keep the germs away this holiday season by keeping your hands nice and clean!