When it’s cold outside sometimes we have to get creative and think of different ways to stay active. Remember, 60 minutes of physical activity each day is recommended to keep our bodies happy and healthy.
In the summer months it’s easy to go outside for a walk or to run around at the park but what do we do when it’s cold, rainy, or snowy??
Here are some fun ways to stay active during the winter:
(1) Have a dance party inside. Follow along to Just Dance videos on YouTube to make it extra fun.
(2) Is there snow outside? Find a hill and go sledding! You could also build a snow fort and have a snowball fight. Keep it simple by building a snowman or other snow sculpture.
(3) Find your inner chi by doing some yoga! Click here for yoga videos specifically made for kids.
(4) Community recreation centers often provide many options for physical activity – like a basketball court, swimming pool, or indoor walking/running tracks. Oftentimes, recreation centers will have exercise classes created specifically for kids.
(5) Play games like Simon Says, Charades, or Hide and Seek. Click here for a long list of indoor games that are categorized into age groups.
How are you going to stay active this winter? Whatever you decide, be sure to have fun and stay safe!
1 thought on “Stay Active this Winter!”
Thank you for sharing.