242 years! That is the number of years that the United States of America has celebrated independence. Why is that important? It’s important because the 4th of July is just around the corner!
Fun fact: The U.S.A was actually approved for independence on July 2nd, 1776 but the Declaration of Independence wasn’t approved by Congress until July 4th, 1776. You might say we’re celebrating two days late! 😉
How will you celebrate this fun holiday?? The 4th of July is a holiday that can be as relaxed or as wild as you want. Whether you’re with family or friends, this holiday is a great time to be active. Below are some fun activities that are perfect for celebrating the Fourth of July.
- It’s alway hot on the Fourth of July – cool down by going to a pool or run through the sprinklers in your backyard.
- Have a picnic with your family and friends. You could make a recipe you find on this blog!
- Fun fact: About 150 million hot dogs are eaten on the Fourth of July, that is a LOT of hot dogs!
- Do some Fourth of July crafts! Click here for a lot of fun craft ideas.
- Set up a relay race at a park or in your backyard.
- Play frisbee or catch.
- Watch the fireworks. Pick a color and count how many fireworks you see of that color.
- Fun fact: Over 14,000 firework displays occur across the country each year.
- Go on a scavenger hunt. Make a list of red, white, and blue items to find.
Whatever you do, make sure you have a lot of fun and stay safe!
Happy 4th of July!
Information came from history.com