Happy Wednesday! I hope you have been able to play around with the MyPlate game and you have the general idea of the 5 food groups.
So let’s put MyPlate in the kitchen with this MyPlate smoothie:
You will need:
- Fruit: 2 cups (Frozen fruit is the best, so I used 1 cup of frozen blueberries, and half a banana)
- Vegetable: 1 cup of spinach
- Grain: 1/4 cup quick oats
- Protein: 1 Tb creamy peanut butter (if you are allergic to peanut butter, add a little extra Greek yogurt so you still get a good amount of protein)
- Dairy: 1 1/4 cup- I used a combo of 1 cup milk and 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
Step 1: Add to a blender
Step 2: Blend! Yes it’s as easy as that!
Voila! Now you can start your day off with the perfect balance of ingredients! Feel free to use the same measurements but change up the actual ingredients. Here are some options:
Fruits (Try to use frozen): Peaches, Mango, strawberries, berry blend
Veggies: pureed carrot, avocado, kale
Grain: quinoa, millet, old fashioned oats
Protein: Greek yogurt, nut butter (almond, cashew, etc.)
Dairy: Yogurt, cottage cheese, milk substitutes (aka almond milk, etc.)
**Note: If you switch out the milk, feel free to add in water so that you still get a smooth liquid to drink.
1 thought on “MyPlate Smoothie”