Good morning, creators! If it’s not morning when you’re reading this, don’t worry. These pancakes are so incredibly easy and delicious that you will want to make them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is likely that you already have all of the ingredients you need in the house. These pancakes are not only easy, but also healthy. the ingredients skip a lot of fat, added sugar, and refined grains that most pancakes have. We love this recipe, and we hope you will too. Let’s get started.
You will need:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg
Now that you have your ingredients, you are only a few steps away from eating your pancakes.
(1) Mash your banana with a fork until it is almost smooth. The more ripe your banana, the easier it will be to mash and the more flavor it will have.
(2) Crack your egg into a small bowl and beat with a fork. Then mix the egg into the mashed banana.
(3) Add 2 1/2 Tablespoons whole wheat flour to to the mix. Mix the three ingredients together, and you have your batter.
(4) Heat an electric skillet or a simple frying pan on the stove to medium-low heat, and spray the surface with cooking spray.
Create Tip: Every stove is different. If the first pancake cooks too fast, turn down the heat for the next one!
(5) Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto your cooking surface, and flip when one side is cooked.
Create Tip: A great way to test doneness is to use a flat spatula. Once you can scoop under the pancake without sticking to the pan, it is time to flip.
(6) Remove from skillet and top with your favorite toppings! This is where you can get creative. We have included some of our favorite combinations below:
– Kids Create Team