Today’s recipe is quick, crunchy, and delicious! Keep reading for a simple creation that can be used as a colorful breakfast, or filling summer snack.
You will need four ingredients…
1. NUTS. Any nuts will do, our favorites are almonds and walnuts. Nuts are packed with protein, which means they keep you feeling full and ready to take on whatever summer fun comes your way.
2. YOGURT. We suggest Greek yogurt, which has about twice the amount of protein as normal yogurt. Again, making sure this snack fills your tummy all the way up! Plain or vanilla yogurt are the flavors we chose.
3. NUT BUTTER. Peanut butter is what you probably already have in your kitchen, which is great! Create Tip: Try finding a natural peanut butter, where the only ingredient listed on the back of the jar is “peanuts”. If you feel like being creative, try this dip with almond butter.
4. FRUIT. Pick your favorite fruits to dip! We used apples, oranges, and bananas, because they are usually the cheapest. It won’t be hard to convince your parents to buy these. They are healthy and inexpensive.
Now that you have your four ingredients ready, let’s create!
- MIX one or two big spoonfuls of peanut butter (about 1/8 cup) into a single-serving container of Greek yogurt.
2. CHOP nuts into small chunks.
3. SPRINKLE chopped nuts onto yogurt and nut butter mixture.
4. SLICE up all of your fruit.
Keep things exciting and try something new every time you make this. Different fruits, yogurt flavors, and nuts can all make something deliciously unique. Happy Creating!
– Kids Create Team